Is it common for pregnant women to experience pain in the lower abdomen during early pregnancy?
Question by Smithers: Is it common for pregnant women to experience pain in the lower abdomen during early pregnancy?
My wife is around 7 weeks pregnant (not sure exactly as we havent had the scan yet) and she is experiencing pain the abdomen. She is a little concerned and so am I. Is it common for pregnant women to feel a little pain around that area? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
She has just told me that it is more like a sharp stabbing pain in her actual lady bits (vagina). Is that more of a concern?
Answer by miss_chrissy_dawn
I did when i was pregnant and voiced concerns to my OB. My OB said that it was normal but if it got unbearable to come see her.
A good answer is also from brownbeltdwf
Yes its somewhat normal to feel pain in the abdomen. However….if the pain becomes excruciating, there is any bleeding, cramping or discharge consult you Ob/Gyn. You have to remember that things they are a changing down there. All of internal organs are shifting and stretching to make room for the new addition to the space. My wife just gave birth to our 2nd child 12 wks ago. Her biggest pain came from her tendons stretching. Remember that your ob?gyn is always there to answer your questions
Give your answer to this question below!
Incoming search terms:
- sharp pain in lower abdomen during early pregnancy
- small pains in stomach while pregnant
- little pain in lower abdomen during pregnancy
- little pain in stomach during pregnancy
- 9 weeks pregnant sharp pain lower abdomen
- pain in left abdomen during early pregnancy
- pain in lower stomach during early pregnancy
- stabbing pain in lower abdomen during first trimester
- sharp pain in lower stomach and butt while pregnant
- stretching in lower abdomen during early pregnancy